s had young kids at the time and to him you were a

Forum de Fathaya : discussions sur le groupe, concerts, annonces...

s had young kids at the time and to him you were a

Messagepar lw789 » 15 Août 2018, 08:00

DENVER - Corey Dickerson is still wondering why he was at the centre of a near scrum. Dickerson hit Atlanta catcher Gerald Laird with his backswing and tempers quickly flared, setting off a tense sequence and leading to several ejections Thursday as the Colorado Rockies beat the Braves 10-3. The Rockies led 8-3 in the eighth when Dickerson fouled away a pitch and knocked off Lairds facemask. "It was on a two-strike slider on a backswing that I hit Laird, but it was an accident and I think they know that," Dickerson said. A stunned Laird was on the ground for several minutes before walking off the field under his own power and being replaced by Evan Gattis. "Hes OK," Braves manager Fredi Gonzalez said. "They did all the concussion tests and the doctor cleared him to fly back with us. Im sure hes going to be a little sore. Dickersons backswing got him more on the jaw than on the head. I think we dodged a bullet there." With his next pitch, Atlanta reliever David Carpenter hit Dickerson in the thigh and was ejected. "I guess Carpenter thought it was on purpose," Dickerson said. Rockies manager Walt Weiss bolted from the dugout and began yelling at Carpenter, as well as in the general direction of Gonzalez. Weiss was held back by home plate umpire Jordan Baker before being ejected. When he returned to the dugout, Weiss smashed a bat against the wall. "If you think a guy can foul a ball off and then at the same time hit the catcher on the backswing on purpose, you got no clue," Weiss said. "They made their decision. They made a bad choice." Carpenter denied throwing at Dickerson. "I tried to run a fastball in on him, it cut a little bit and caught him," he said. "Dickerson was looking at me and I thought, You just got hit, go to first base, thats all there is to it. Get on with the next batter. I was surprised getting tossed out of the game there, I was preparing for the next hitter." In the ninth, Rockies reliever Nick Masset hit Gattis in the hip with a pitch. Both Masset and Rockies bench coach Tom Runnells were immediately tossed. Jhoulys Chacin (1-4) pitched seven scoreless innings for his first win of the season, backed by home runs from Charlie Blackmon and Justin Morneau. Chacin, who missed the first month of the season with a right shoulder strain, struck out five and walked two. Rookie Tommy La Stella was the only Braves player to get a hit off him, singling in the second and doubling in the fifth. In his toughest inning, with the Rockies ahead 3-0, Chacin issued consecutive one-out walks in the seventh to Chris Johnson and La Stella but got out of the jam by getting Andrelton Simmons to ground into a double play. "I didnt feel that good today," Chacin said. "I was just trying to make my pitches. I was keeping my pitches down and trying to get ahead and thats pretty much what I did. Any time youre throwing strikes, youre usually going to get good results." Ervin Santana (5-3) struck out eight in 6 1-3 innings and scattered seven hits but two of them went for home runs. Chacin, who did not receive any run support in three of his outings and totalled just 10 overall in his seven previous starts, helped himself early. He singled in the third ahead of Blackmons home run. It was the 12th home run of the season from Blackmon, all from the leadoff spot, which leads the majors and is the most by a Rockies player in the No. 1 spot in team history. Morneau connected on Santanas first offering in the sixth for his 11th of the season, a two-out drive that sailed over the centre field wall into the Braves bullpen. The Rockies pulled away with a five-run seventh, getting an RBI single from Charlie Culberson and a sacrifice fly from pinch-hitter Ryan Wheeler. Josh Rutledge scored from third on a wild pitch by and Morneau delivered a bases-loaded single to drive in the final two runs of the inning. The Braves scored all their runs in the eighth on Jason Heywards RBI single and B.J. Uptons homer. After Carpenter was ejected, Anthony Varvaro took over and the Rockies added a pair of runs on RBI singles by pinch-hitter Brandon Barnes and Blackmon. NOTES: Rockies SS Troy Tulowitzki was given a day off. ... Chacin fanned Gerald Laird in the fifth inning for his fourth strikeout of the game and the 500th of his career. Hes the seventh Rockies pitcher to reach the milestone. ... The Braves open a series against the Los Angeles Angels with RHP Aaron Harang (4-5) opposing C.J. Wilson (7-5) in the opener Friday. ... The Rockies travel to San Francisco, where Jorge De La Rosa (6-5) will face Tim Lincecum. Mike Gartner Jersey . -- The Atlanta Braves added to their extensive wave of long-term deals with their young stars on Sunday by agreeing to a $42 million, four-year contract with All-Star closer Craig Kimbrel. Taylor Chorney Jersey . -- Phil Mickelson came to the St. http://www.authentichockeyshopcapitals. ... ls-jersey/. Toronto FC hosts the three-time Italian league champions in a friendly Aug. 7 at BMO Field, a game that Roma CEO Italo Zanzi said falls within a key part of their pre-season. Alex Chiasson Jersey .com) - Ryan Miller made 28 saves to record his fifth shutout of the season and second in as many nights as the Vancouver Canucks defeated the Carolina Hurricanes 3-0 on Friday. Tyler Graovac Jersey . - New Orleans Saints general manager Mickey Loomis says the club has an agreement to bring back outside linebacker Parys Haralson on a one-year deal.Al Bruno will forever be remembered for delivering one of the biggest upsets in Grey Cup history.He guided the upstart Hamilton Tiger-Cats into the 86 final against the heavily favoured Edmonton Eskimos, who had posted a league-best 13-4-1 record. Many football pundits had predicted a lopsided affair, and they were right as the 9-8-1 Ticats captured a stunning 39-15 victory.The Ticats announced Monday that Bruno died Sunday night at the age of 87. Jason Riley, a former offensive lineman with Hamiltons 86 championship squad, credited Bruno for the upset victory.He was a master of bringing people together and building the chemistry of a team, Riley said. Everybody thought the 86 Eskimos would blow us out in the Grey Cup but actually it was the other way around because our chemistry was so good that everyone just played for each other and didnt worry about the hype.Al had a way of bringing the guys together . . . thats what made the difference.The cause of death wasnt divulged but Riley said Bruno, a native of West Chester, Pa., entered hospital in Port Charlotte, Fla., initially due to a kidney issue but passed away peacefully of heart failure. he added Bruno had just one kidney due to previous cancer treatment.Bruno came to the CFL in 1966 as an assistant coach with the Ottawa Rough Riders before taking a similar job with Hamilton in 1968. He served as the offensive co-ordinator at Harvard from 1971-81 before returning to Hamilton as its player-personnel director in 82.Bruno was named head coach during the 83 season after Bud Riley was fired and got the job permanently leading Hamilton to a 2-1-1 record. He suffered a mild heart attack during the 87 season and was replaced for six games by defensive co-ordinator Ted Schmitz before returning.Bruno was fired during the 90 campaign after Hamilton lost five straight to drop to 4-8. Bruno worked as a scout with both the B.C. Lions and Buffalo Bills before serving as McMaster Universitys head coach from 1994 to 96, bringing Riley aboard as the offensive line coach, a position he still currently holds.Bruno was a receiver at Kentucky, where he played for legendary head coach Paul (Bear) Bryant. The Philadelphia Eagles selected Bruno in the third round of the 51 NFL draft, but he signed with the Toronto Argonauts instead and played on their Grey Cup-winning team in 1952.Bruno spent two seasons with Toronto, then played briefly with Ottawa in 54 before finishing his CFL career with the Winnipeg Blue Bombers (1955-56). Bruno was inducted into the Kentucky Athletics Hall of Fame in 08 and is also a member of the Chester County Sports and West Chester Henderson High School Halls of Fame.Al was a big, dependable receiver and I dont ever remember him dropping a pass, said former Argos teammate Nick Volpe. He later became a coach who was known to be one of the best around; he understood the game very well.Al had a great way with people. He was always very calm, friendly and efficient. He will be missed.Riley, currently a full-time teacher and football coach at a Burlington high school, spent 10 seasons with Hamilton before retiring after the 93 season.dddddddddddd A four-time East all-star, Riley was named to the Ticats Walk of Fame in 95 and said he owes it all to his former coach.I dont know where Id be in life right now if it wasnt for Al Bruno, Riley said. He brought me to Hamilton from Vancouver, he was with me most of the time I was with the Ticats.I went to four Grey Cups with him and when he went to McMaster and brought me in as the offensive line coach and Ive been there ever since. I love the man.Riley figured he was done with football in 84 after being released by the Saskatchewan Roughriders. A former defensive lineman who helped the University of British Columbia capture the 82 Vanier Cup, Riley was taken in the first round of the 83 CFL draft by Winnipeg before being dealt to the Riders.When Saskatchewan released me I was ready to go back to school and pursue other things because I was pretty discouraged, Riley said. But Hamilton called and Al assured me Id be playing within the next few weeks.Its funny because the B.C. Lions called the day I was flying out to Hamilton and told me they wanted to play defensive line. Now, it was my hometown, my natural position, it wouldve been a lot cheaper because I couldve played while living at home. But I was a man of my word and trusted what Al told me. But I did (tell the Lions) if I wasnt on the roster as promised Id come back to the B.C. Lions. Everything worked out like he said and my wife and I established roots and made a life here because of Al Bruno.Longtime CFL executive and scout Mike McCarthy was Hamiltons player-personnel director and assistant GM during Brunos tenure on the sidelines and called him a players coach.He cared about his players, McCarthy said. It didnt matter if they had a bad day or a bad game, he always believed in them.There wasnt a guy loved more by his team than Al Bruno because of what he did for those guys.Riley agreed.He wasnt an Xs and Os guru although he was around the game all his life and knew it very well, Riley said. His forte was bringing people together and building the chemistry of a team.He would get guys who were released from other teams like myself, Paul Bennett and Miles Gorrell and make it so that it was fun. It was all about family. A lot of us had young kids at the time and to him you were a person first and a player second. That kind of gets lost with some professional coaches and organizations.McCarthy knew Bruno well before their CFL days. McCarthy was a coach at Brown University when Bruno was at Harvard and the two actively recruited a highly touted quarterback named Doug Flutie, whose older brother, Bill, was a receiver at Brown.Doug Flutie went on to play at Boston College, capturing the 84 Heisman Trophy. He starred in the CFL with B.C. (and younger brother, Darren) Calgary and Toronto, winning three Grey Cups from 1990 to 97 before joining the NFLs Buffalo Bills.Funeral arrangements werent immediately known, although Riley said there will be a memorial mass Thursday in Port Charlotte. Cheap Canadiens Jerseys Cheap Predators Jerseys Cheap Devils Jerseys Cheap Islanders Jerseys Cheap Rangers Jerseys Cheap Senators Jerseys Cheap Flyers Jerseys Cheap Penguins Jerseys Cheap Sharks Jerseys Cheap Blues Jerseys Cheap Lightning Jerseys Cheap Maple Leafs Jerseys Cheap Canucks Jerseys Cheap Golden Knights Jerseys Cheap Capitals Jerseys Cheap Winnipeg Jets Jerseys ' ' '
lw789

Retourner vers Fathaya